The technique of Microblading has been popular in parts of Asia and Europe for roughly 25 years. Although it is relatively new here in Canada, microblading continues to grow in popularity. We might have been a little late getting the memo, but it has turned out to be a great thing as it has allowed the technique to improve since its origin.
A microblading tool can look two different ways. One can look similar to an exacto knife and the other can be round. Both have a series of micro needles and make no difference to the results. The procedure involves the very fine sterilized blade to be dipped into pigment then deposited into the surface layer of the dermis. Microblading mimics the growth of your already existing hair to create bolder, natural looking brows. The combination of artist, blade and ink (pigment) this technique allows the creation of fine hair strokes to begin.
Results can last anywhere from 1 to 3 years, depending on different factors such as, your skin type, post care and your skin care regime. Post care is the second most important stage of this procedure and is essential to the healing process. Touch ups are recommended 4 weeks after your initial procedure and then once a year, if needed, to retain the shape and saturation of pigment and to prevent natural fading.
MICROBLADING VS PERMANENT MAKEUP
Microblading is a manual method of implanting pigment in hair-like strokes in the epidermis to create the look of fuller brows. This form of tattooing is the newest trend in Semi-Permanent Makeup. The natural-looking results are achieved with a sharp, hand-held manual blade made up of 7+ micro needles. Instead of outlining and completely filling in the outline of your brows with color, microblading actually allows for the placement of hair like strokes into the skin. Whereas traditional tattooing uses needles on a rotary/coil machine to push ink 7 layers deep into the skin, microblading uses a manual blade and only targets 3 layers of skin. Because the pigment sits so superficially in the skin, the strokes are sharp, crisp, and they mimic the look of real hair! Your new brows will last anywhere between 1-3 years predicated on the environmental exposure it receives. Microblading pigments by PhiBrow are all organic and will not change color as they lose saturation over time. Thanks to the 1-3 year expected life of the semi-permanent makeup, the client can change the way their brows look as trends change.
Have you ever caught yourself gazing upon someone else’s eyebrows longer than you should be? Thinking…why can’t mine look like that? How is this even possible? Why was having no eyebrows a trend of the 90’s. My friend, have no fear, although you are experiencing what they call eyebrow-envy. Microblading has found a solution for you. Have enough eyebrow-envy and this is where the process begins.
The average microblading appointment usually takes two hours from beginning to end. Making sure that your comfortable through every step of your eyebrow transformation. There is never a rush during any part of the process, and please feel free to ask any questions you may have. It is important to know beforehand how long microblading takes for planning purposes. For example, if you have children. It is recommended that they are cared for and not brought to your appointment.
The steps for a microblading appointment are listed below.
- Consultation – This is the time to ask any more questions you may have. We both have to be on the same page in terms of eyebrow shape, and colour. This experience is to give you the eyebrows you want. It is important to understand all your expectations.
- Pictures – Before and after photos is a great way to see the results of your eyebrow transformation. I will take just a few quick pictures before we get started, and then a few more after they have been microbladed.
- Brow Shaping – Using the Golden mean and face morphology. I will design the perfectly shaped eyebrows for your face directly onto your skin for you to see.
- Approval – Take your time to examine your new shape. Look at it from all angles in the mirror and decide if you are happy with your potential eyebrows. We can make adjustments if need be. Although you may trust an expert’s opinion, it is very important that you are comfortable with the new eyebrows you will have to live with.
- Numbing – I want this experience to be as comfortable as it can be for you. We all experience a different level of pain but with a topical anesthetic. This will stay on for at least 15-20 minutes. It can assure you that pain will not be an issue. A second numbing is used after the first past as well.
- Paperwork – While we wait for the numbing to take affect, you will review and sign consent forms, followed by completing a brief medical history to ensure the microblading procedure does not interfere with your overall health.
- Microblading – get comfortable for your eyebrow transformation is now beginning. Blade and ink will now be used to create microstrokes that resemble hair and give you the eyebrows you have always wanted.
- Post-care Instructions – Before you get going showing off your new eyebrows to the world, you’ll be instructed on the healing process and how to take care of your eyebrows at home. I will provide you an after care bag with special skin candy to help protect and insure the best possible healing for your eyebrows. We will always schedule your touch up appointment for 4-6 weeks later.